Outlook is a platform that is being used by a lot of people at different organizational levels allowing users to enjoy a good flow of communication. Although Outlook is created in such a manner that it does not hamper users' work, sometimes it can bring about some hurdles in your way. Some users have reported that they are being prompted to enter their Outlook password again and again even after logging in successfully. So, if you are also facing this situation while using Outlook, the best thing you can do is uninstall and re-install Outlook via office.com/setup.
However, there are a few other things you can try before you jump to that solution. The other solutions include logging out of your account and then logging in after exiting the program completely and resetting the login settings.
Let's see what we can do to fix this issue.
Ways to fix the issue
Way 1- Disconnect and reconnect your account from other Office apps
- To do so, first, open Outlook on your device
- Navigate to the "Settings" menu and choose "Accounts"
- Next up, choose "Email and App Account"
- Now, you need to click on "Accounts used for other apps"
- Locate your email address and take necessary action to disconnect it
Way 2- Reset Outlook login settings
- Navigate to the Control Panel of your device
- Then, you need to click on "Credentials Manager"
- Then, go to the "User Accounts" section
- Now, remove the credentials from all the fields
- After that, click on the "Details" option
- Then, choose "Remove from vaults"
- When the warning box appears, click "Yes"
- Do the same for all the credentials you see on your screen
If these two methods fail to help you in any way, the last thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the software via office.com/setup. However, before you reinstall the software, make sure to remove any files that are related to Outlook and might be present in other locations of your device. Apart from this, you also need to make sure that you are entering the correct login credentials while accessing your Outlook account.