One of the most popular water heating unit used in households and office complex is the solar hot water heater. In contrast to water heaters from electricity or gas, this system utilizes photovoltaic panels or what is frequently referred to as a collector.
This collector component will later be set up on the roofing of a structure or house that has the ability to be exposed to direct sunshine. The solar power that has actually been gathered can later on be utilized to heat water. The process of heating the water likewise makes use of a component called a cylinder or tube. This tube is used as a place to keep hot water which will flow using a water pipe.
The benefit of using this solar hot water heater system is that sunshine can be a totally free, relatively safe, and limitless energy source. Although the season in Indonesia itself is the rainy season, the requirement for warm water can be helped with a backup heater with electrical power.
How does a solar water heater work?
The pemanas air tenaga surya working system is helped by a warm water tube or tank whose function is nearly the same as a thermos. Then the tube will be linked to a port panel whose function is as a location to heat water. This panel consists of an absorber plate that serves as a range and connecting pipelines that drain hot water from the connector panel to the water tube.
The cold water pipe causing the water tube flows into this connector panel and the process of warming the water takes place. The hot water in the tube has a temperature of about 60 degrees Celsius and because of the push of cold water, the warm water will flow to the faucet. In this procedure, there is likewise a mix of warm water with cold water so that the hot water temperature is safe and not excessive.
Solar hot water heater upkeep
How to care for a solar hot water heater to keep it long lasting can be done with the following pointers:
Month-to-month regular evaluation:
- Check for physical damage to the hot water heater circuit.
- Clean all the dust that has built up on the engine system, consisting of the flow pipe.
- Check whether there are no leakages in all parts and whether the parts can still work correctly.
- Check whether the air vent is still functioning properly due to the fact that this part is essential as a hot steam cooler in case of extreme heat.
6-month routine evaluation:
- Check the control pump to guarantee a smooth water supply. Water pipes also need to be examined to avoid leak due to rust.
- The solar water heating unit requires to be drained by replacing the water.
- Check these parts: pressure valve, one-way valve, and inspect valve.
It is essential to understand how the solar water heater works and its maintenance so that the engine unit can work effectively.