The FUE hair transplant helps to make the transplanted hair thick and healthy. FUE hair transplant came to replace FUT, which involves cutting a piece of skin to collect the hair follicles. FUE hair transplant is more popular than FUT because it is less invasive.
FUE hair restoration cost is affordable if you compare it with other hair transplant methods. If you are going through hair loss, this surgery is best for you. You are not the best candidate for an FUE hair transplant if your hair is not thick or healthy.
FUE Hair Restoration Cost
FUE hair restoration costs between $4000 to $15000 per session. If you undergo multiple sessions, it might cost you $50000 or more. The overall cost for FUE hair restoration depends on the following factors;
- The number of hair grafts that need to be harvested and transplanted
- It also depends on the availability of the surgeon to perform the procedure
- Also, the cost depends on how often does the surgeon conducts an FUE hair transplant
- It also depends on how experienced your doctor is.
FUE hair transplant surgery is cosmetic. Therefore, you will have to pay from pocket since most insurance companies do not cover it. You will also pay for any medications that the doctor might give you.
FUE Hair Restoration Recovery
FUE hair transplant surgery takes several hours to finish. This as well depends on the number of sessions required. You will be able to go home the same day after the process since it is less invasive. After the procedure is complete, your doctor will then remove the bandages carefully. The surgery area might be swelling. Therefore, your doctor will have to inject triamcinolone to prevent the swelling. After the process, you will also experience some pain or soreness, which will go away in a few days. Your doctor will also provide you with some medications to help you with the pain and any risk of infection.
- Make sure to wait for a few days after the surgery to wash your hair. For the first few weeks, make sure to use mild shampoos on your scalp
- In about three days, you can go back to your normal activities
- Be gentle to your scalp when combing for a few weeks to prevent damaging the new hair follicles
- Make sure not to wear hats or pullover shirts until your doctor says so.
After the surgery, your hair might start to fall. This is normal because it is making room for the new hair follicles to grow.
FUE hair restoration cost is not constant. And so, it is always wise to as the doctor about the price during the consultation. Before you undergo this process, make sure to talk to your doctor. He will examine your head and tell you the best hair transplant method.