You are recommended to open a Coinbase Pro account only if you better understand how the crypto exchange works. Coinbase is like a brokerage with a digital wallet whereas Coinbase Pro is an exchange platform where people can buy, sell, trade, and store different cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.
Follow the given steps to create a Pro version of Coinbase login account:
- Open your web browser and go to the Coinbase login page (Open your Coinbase app if you’re using a mobile device)
- Once the page is visible on your screen, click on the ‘Sign Up option
- You will be prompted to specify your account details like name and email ID.
- Then, Coinbase will send an email on your registered email ID for verification
- Click on ‘verify my email’
- Once your email ID is verified, you will be prompted to enter your mobile number. An SMS will be sent to your mobile number for verification.
- Now enter your personal details like name, date of birth, residential address, source of funds, occupation, and employer
- Upload the photo of Government-issued ID proof. You can upload the image of your passport, drivers license, Health cards, student IDs, etc
- Click ‘Create account
- Once your ID is verified, you can add a bank account or start trading.
Can I open a Coinbase Pro account despite having a Coinbase account?
If you have previously created a Coinbase login account and want to upgrade to Coinbase Pro, then you can use the same email ID from your Coinbase login account for your Coinbase Pro account. This way, you can use your Coinbase login account to transfer funds in any digital currency between your Coinbase balance and your Coinbase Pro account.
Please note: If you fail to access your Coinbase login account due to the wrong password or username, just click on ‘forgot password’ and follow the steps to create a new password.
Relevant blogs here: