The Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution Market is expected to reach a market size of USD 202.6 Million by 2028 and register a CAGR of 1.8% during the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Steady growth of the chlorhexidine gluconate solution market can be attributed to rising number of surgical procedures in hospitals. Infections occurring during surgeries lead to problematic and intricate clinical scenarios. The surface of skin is considered to be a potential source of pathogens, and thus disinfecting and preparing skin during surgical procedures is essential. Presently, chlorhexidine gluconate solution is the most frequently used skin preparation agent in healthcare facilities. Also, surgical site infections are responsible for the most common hospital acquired infections in patients undergoing surgery. Patients contracting surgical site infection spent longer time in hospitals and are very likely to stay in intensive care unit (ICU), resulting in increased expenses.
Get PDF brochure for Industrial Insights and business Intelligence @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/84
Key participants in the market include: Evonik Industries, Becton, Dickinson, and Company, Xttrium Laboratories Inc., Afton Pharma, Medichem SA, the 3M Company, Shanxi Dasheng Pharmaceutical Tech Co., Ltd., Ecolab Inc., Molnlycke Health Care AB, and Lupin Limited.
Growing geriatric population is a key factor in fueling the growth of chlorhexidine gluconate solution market. With growing age, comes a higher chance of health issues, some of which might need surgery for their treatment. It has been found that, one in ten individuals who undergo surgery are in the age group of 65 years or above. As aging increases the likelihood of surgeries, there is also an increase in occurrence of surgical complications, including surgical site infections due to reduced immunity in geriatric people, thereby driving the demand for surgical wound cleanser, such as chlorhexidine gluconate solution. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), by 2050, population of people in the age group of 65 years or above is expected to reach about 1.5 billion.
Over the recent past, chemical and materials industry has observed rapid digital transformation, innovations and advancements in chemical processing, globalization, sustainability, and development of robust supply chain. Increasing incidence of uncertainties in chemical production and development have further increased focus on risk management solutions. Chemical and materials industry supplies raw materials to a number of end-use industries such as petrochemicals, solvents, manufacturing and construction, and healthcare, among others. Increasing integration of advanced technology in the manufacturing and production processes along with a growing focus on producing environmentally sustainable chemicals and materials is further expected to revolutionize the Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution market over the forecast period.
The report further offers a regional segmentation of the Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution market with regards to production and consumption rate, revenue share, market share, trends, consumer preference, regulatory framework, economic factors, investment and funding opportunities, RD activities, technological advancements, product launches, import/export, supply and demand ratio, and presence of key players in each region.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/chlorhexidine-gluconate-solution-market
Further key findings in the report suggest
- In April 2019, Becton, Dickinson and Company made an announcement about receiving approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of US for BD ChloraPrep skin preparation, a completely sterile chlorhexidine gluconate antimicrobial skin preparation.
- As per the guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the intravascular catheter-related infections’ prevention, medical products having chlorhexidine gluconate, including skin preparation solutions, central venous catheters, and insertion site dressings are suggested to be used to prevent bloodstream infection. In addition, chlorhexidine gluconate -based topical creams find application to check infection spread on surface of the skin. Furthermore, cloths treated with 2% chlorhexidine gluconate solution have displayed a reduction by 50.0% in surgical site infections.
- Growing use of chlorhexidine gluconate solution as surgical hand scrub is garnering considerable traction in the market. Human hands are an essential tool in providing healthcare but can also transmit various infections. Thus, hand-disinfection is considered very essential by most surgeons to prevent transmission of infection causing microbes. Chlorhexidine gluconate-based surgical hand scrub finds application in removing/reducing debris and pathogens from the hands and preventing their accumulation.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate solution market in North America accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020, due to increasing incidence of chronic diseases, rise in number of surgical procedures, and increased healthcare expenditure. Additionally, presence of leading market players in in the region are causative of market growth.
Download Report Summary @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-summary-form/84
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global chlorhexidine gluconate solution market on the basis of product type, application, distribution channel, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution
- 4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution
- 20% Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Preoperative Skin Preparation
- Skin Wound General Skin Cleanser
- Healthcare Personal Hand Hygiene
- Surgical Hand Scrub
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/84
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the report and customization feature, please connect with us. Our team will ensure the report is well suited to meet your requirements.
Thank you for reading our report. To know more about the customization or any query about the report contents, please connect with us and our team will ensure the report is tailored to meet your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Check our upcoming research reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports