In this article, we have discussed the ways using which you can set the Telegram messages to auto-deletion. The recent update by Telegram offers the ability with which messages can get auto-deleted in channels, groups, as well as personal chats. Previously Telegram launched the self-destruct timer for the secret chats, and now the messaging app has brought a much similar implementation of the feature to normal chats. On that note, let’s get started with the instructions on how to auto-delete Telegram messages.
Auto-Delete Messages on Telegram
There’s a significant difference between the working of the secret chats and the newly added auto-delete feature. The auto-delete timer of Telegram,unlike secret chats, gets initiated when the user sendsa message and not when the recipient reads it. So, there are also possibilities that the message sent by you expires before it is read by the recipient. You can select from the two durations, i.e., 24 hours and 7 days, for the messages to remain on the app.
Auto-Delete Messages in Telegram Personal Chats
You can set the Telegram’s personal message to auto-deletion with the help of the following ways:
- Launch the Telegram app and head over to any specific conversation
- Then click on the three-dot menu appearing at the upper-right side of your screen.
- Select“Clear history,” and below it, a pop-up will appear, displaying a newoption “Auto-delete messages in this chat.”
- You may now select the duration for the messages to get auto-deleted, i.e., either 24 hours or 7 days.
- Once you have selected the duration, tap on the button“Enable Auto-Delete.”And from now on, all the new messages will get deleted automatically for that specific chat within the duration you have set for the message to get self-destructed.
- Meanwhile, you can also check for the countdown to the deletion time of any particular message by just tapping on it.
Auto-Delete Messages in Telegram Group Chats
This feature is limited to only group admins. If you have joined a group and want this feature to be set for the group, you need to request the admin of that specific group so as to set this feature for the group.Supposing you are a group admin of any specific group and want to set the auto-delete feature for your group, then simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Telegram and head over to your group chat.
- Now tap on the option “Clear history.”
- On the screen appearing further, head over to the “Auto-delete messages in this chat”and set the auto-delete duration. You may select from the two available durations, i.e., 24 hours and 7 days.
- From now on, all the new messages sent within the group will expire automatically.
Please be noted that the group members will not be able to see the countdown timers. In order to view it, you need to be the admin so that you can easily see the expiry time of the messages. That’s it. These were the steps using which you can self-destruct the Telegram message. Please be noted that again, that countdown timer starts as soon as the message is sent and not when the recipient receives it.With that said, let’s end our discussion on this topic. Do let us know your opinion, and in case you are facing any issues regarding the steps, use to comment section below to state it. We will try to help you out as soon as we can.
Source: Auto-Delete Messages on Telegram