Spotify error code 4 is a technical Glitch in the Spotify music streaming service. Whenever users face this issue while streaming music on Spotify, they also see a message on the screen saying, “no internet connection detected.” This error code is common in Windows 10 users who have installed the Spotify music streaming app on their computers.
The complete error message says, “No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an Internet connection.”
The reasons behind this problem are not officially confirmed as it can also happen when you are connected to the internet.
Let’s learn how to get off this error.
Spotify No Internet Access Detected Windows 10
Solution 1- Turn Off Windows firewall
The first and one of the most effective ways to fix this error is to disable your Windows firewall, which can interfere with Spotify’s internet access. Let’s learn how to get this done using step by step instruction:
- First of all, open the control panel of your computer by searching for it in the start menu.
- After that, click on the “system and security” once you are inside the control panel.
- Now click on the firewall option to see the firewall settings.
- Press the allowed apps option.
- Find your way to the Spotify location.
- You will see a checkbox next to it.
- Please check the checkbox to allow Spotify to go through the firewall.
- Click the ok button on the button to save the settings.
- Restart your computer and see if you can use Spotify without error code 4.
Solution 2- Deactivate Security System
If you are using any third-party antivirus application to secure your computer, it may be interfering with Spotify’s internet access. You can disable your internet security antivirus on your computer to fix the Spotify error code 4. To do so, you can follow the directions given here:
- Navigate to your antivirus on your computer.
- Get to its settings and find the option to turn it off temporarily.
- After that, save the settings and restart your computer.
- See if Spotify is working and able to access the internet.
In case you are still facing the error, keep reading, and you will get a solution soon.
Solution 3- Reinstalling Spotify
Your current Spotify client may have some technical glitches in it, like coding errors or bugs. By installing the current version of Spotify and installing the latest version, you can resolve the problem. All you have to do is navigate the control panel, delete the current version, head to the official website of Spotify, download the latest version, and finally install it.
We expect the instructions we have mentioned in this article helped. Thank you for visiting here.